Sunday, July 29, 2012


Saturday July 21, 2012.
Too Long -  
As much as we love these two, we only ever seem to manage a couple visits a year.  We ended the evening the same way we do every time: With the promise to not let so much time pass before the next visit. 
120/365

120/365
second shot

Sunday July 22, 2012.
Rain - 
Normally, it would be considered bad luck to have rain on a weekend, but this hasn't been a normal year.  We've had hardly any rain to speak of this summer.  So as odd as it sounds, the rain that brought with it  promises of freshness and renewal made me giddy with happiness.
121/365

Monday July 23, 2012.
I'm Under No Illusions -
I know who my kid is.  Usually he is sweet, kind and agreeable but sometimes - sometimes he is a little monkey.  
122/365

Tuesday July 24, 2012.
Summer Snacking -
Either radishes have changed radically since I was a child, or my taste buds have.
123/365

Wednesday July 25, 2012.
Good Fortune -
I spent the day thrifting with my mom.  We hunted and  hoped for good fortune while we looked about  for old treasures.  After, we went out for lunch.  The treasure was in the company.
124/365

Thursday July 26, 2012.
Dog Days -
I think we have officially reached the dog days of summer.  My kids are far enough away from both the last and the first day of school that it feels to them as if the lazy days of summer will last forever.  I know this midway point - this time where they need direction to keep their days busy.  But, on Thursday, after they shot down a bunch of my 'fun' ideas, I felt exasperated and deflated.  I left them on their own to amuse themselves while had my own fun.  I took the brushes, paint and the canvas I bought at the dollar store to the back deck for some quiet creating time.  Just as I  began, my boys appeared.  I quickly got them their own canvases and the three of us sat down to paint.
125/365

Friday July 27, 2012.
Elevate the Everyday - 
...its about found moments.
126/365

No comments:

Post a Comment