Saturday, August 11, 2012


Saturday July 28, 2012.
BBQ and Balls -
I am struggling with this year's 365.  I take pictures to hold on to moments - with hopes that those moments will help me remember the whole.  But, on this day the only thing I CAN remember is this moment.  In between flipping burgers (or was it chicken?) Charlie found his Dad, and the two of them had a spontaneous game of toss the ball.  That's it.  That's all I can remember.  The fact that this mundane everyday moment - the one that I chose to document - is all that I remember, brings why I do this back into focus. 
127/365

Sunday July 29, 2012.
At the Beach -
Going to the beach in the evening is one of the ways that we cool down and reconnect as a family.  Most summers we are able to get there once every couple of weeks, but between work schedules and other commitments, our first beach trip was on Sunday.  Because we have had so little rain this summer, the bacteria (aka poop) levels were "safe" but high, and we were warned to shower when we got home. We weren't feeling that brave, and we spent our day melting in the sun on the beach instead of refreshing ourselves in the water.
128/365

128/365
second shot

Monday July 30, 2012.
Bakers -
In an effort to get the boys to exercise their brain - and,  because I had a craving,  I had the boys bake and decorate a cake.
129/365


Tuesday July 31, 2012.
From A - Z -
The boys and I competed against each other for a A - Z  photography scavenger hunt.  Each of us were armed with a camera (Josh with his Nintendo DS, Charlie with his Ipod and I had my Iphone) as we raced around the house to photograph an item for each letter of the alphabet.  Here is my attempt:
{A - apple, B - banana, C - car, D - door, E - eye shadow, F - finger, G - gel, H - hair, I - ice cream, J - Josh, K - keys, L -lens, M - markers, N - necklace, O - open, P - peach, Q - quarters, R - roller skates, S - star, T - tree, U - undies, V - vase, W - welcome, X - Xavier Roberts, Y - yellow,  Z - zero.}
130/365

Wednesday August 1, 2012 -
New Month -
This is how I'm beginning my month.  I know that my life is about to change, and I'm trying to savor the last few quiet moments before the transition begins.
131/365

Thursday August 2, 2012.
Game of Life -
I am a list maker.  Itemizing what needs to be done, and crossing off tasks is one way that helps me feel in control of my life.   I'm aware that this control is just an illusion. I can itemize, compartmentalize and rationalize, but in the end there are forces at work in this game of life that are bigger than me.
132/365

Friday August 3, 2012.
Just Like Me -
I have to remind myself that they are watching and learning.  That who I am, directly reflects who they will become.  They are what pushes me to be my best self.
133/365

No comments:

Post a Comment