Friday, December 2, 2011


November 19, 2011.
My Guys - I found them playing Lego together in Josh's room when I got home from work on Saturday.  The truth is that more than likely, Josh had tried to escape from his little brother's nagging.  Charlie thinks of Josh as his personal play toy.  So occasionally Josh will retreat to his room, to rejuvenate his patience. It's usually not too long before he is found, and by that time Josh is good to go again. He is the best big brother ever.
241/365


November 20, 2011.
Measure and be Sure - I watched her measure out the water for her Italian Meringue Icing that she was making for the cake club she joined.   Looking at her, I know it won't be long before she is in her own kitchen.  I am reminded again how quickly her childhood is passing.  The days of her pulling a chair up to the counter to help me bake are gone.  Instead it is me who is off to the side, waiting for instructions, eager and hopeful that she will ask for my help.
242/365

November 21, 2011.
Game Time - The boys aren't the only ones who enjoy their evening game time.  Miss Piggy sits pretty, patiently waiting for the ~GAME OVER~ so that she can be rewarded with an absent minded scratch behind the ears.
243/365

November 22, 2011.
A Beautiful Soul - It is my hope that she knows just how much her father and I love and admire her when she steps out the door.  And I hope that somehow all our love will be enough to protect her from any heartbreak, but I doubt it.
244/365

November 23, 2011.
Hurt - Not emotionally, physically.  The change of seasons has been doing a number on my skin.  The colder temperatures and our heating system has left my face feeling like a desert on fire.  Ouch.
245/365

November 24, 2011.
A New View - The broken front window is finally being replaced! 
246/365

November 25, 2011.
Movember - The Little Man asked his sister to do his make up for Crazy Mustache Day.  And just so you know, he requested the green squares.  When I asked him if I could take his picture, he gave me this tough guy pose.  What a ham!

247/365

November 26, 2011.
Santa Clause is Coming to Town - I love the charm of a small town parade.  Dance troupes, the high school band, and local businesses all proudly strutting their stuff.  ~ and of course there is always Santa! 
248/365

November 27, 2011.
Winter Greens - 
249/365

November 28, 2011.
Monday Mornings - I might be the only person I know who likes Monday mornings.  Full of promise and hope. 
250/365

November 28, 2011.
Grey, Cold and Wet - All day I was cold.  Cold and damp.  When I got home, I added layers: shirt, hoodie, vest, winter coat, hat, gloves and scarf.  I put on a double layer of socks and sat in front of the fire place trying to shake the cold that went so deep even my bones were freezing.  I must have looked pathetic, because  The Kid made me a cup of herbal tea.   It warmed my bones and my heart. 
251/365

November 30, 2011.
Deck the Halls - I decorated the house for Christmas on my day off.  It was the bottom of the last box that made me cry.  Buried at the bottom were the decorations that I no longer put up, but are the ones with the sweetest memories.  Like salt dough ornaments and the tin foil and glitter star Kenzie made for the tree when she was a little girl.  And then there were my weak attempt at crafts -a Santa made from an old javex bottle, a reindeer made from an old work sock and the Christmas tree wall hanging that I made from a old red sweatshirt, and scrap fabric from the green velvet left over from my bridesmaid dresses.  Crafts that I made with little or no money as a young wife trying to fill our home with Christmas magic. 
252/365

1 comment:

  1. Aww, my Dad has that exact copy of Twas the Night Before Christmas, and reads it ever single Christmas Eve to all five of his grandchildren.

    I also love Monday mornings. You might be the only person I know of who understands that. I can also relate with the skin. This year from some reason, my skin is so horribly dry. Something must have changed in the heating when we moved. I found slathering on organic virgin coconut oil just before getting out of the shower helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete