Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thursday December 22, 2011.
Sparkle - Growing up, our Christmas tree boarded on tacky.  Okay, to be honest it was, without a doubt, tacky.  I blame my sister.  When applying the tinsel, my sister had a heavy hand.  Jennifer believed that more meant better which meant our scotch pine no longer looked like a real live tree but rather a silver spaceship in the corner of our cottage living room.  Even the coloured lights were barely visible, buried beneath the silver veil.
274/365

Friday December 23, 2011.
He's Too Much - The best Christmas special in my opinion is A Year Without Santa.  I enjoy The Grinch, Charlie Brown, Frosty and Rudolph as much as the next person (although I do wince when I watch Santa being a big fat bully to poor Rudolph) but none of these Christmas characters can even come close to the Miser Brothers.  After all, they're too much.
275/365

Saturday December 24, 2011.
Bathed in Sunlight and Shadows -  Not my typical Christmas eve photos.  I simply couldn't resist this picture of Charlie fresh from the tub, warming himself in the sun before we went to Gramma's place to celebrate the holidays.  Nor could I resist the gorgeous winter sky as we drove home after a great day. 
276/365

Sunday December 25, 2011.
Take a Breath -  Here we go.  The Magic Moment between quiet anticipation and sweet chaos.  My heart is full.
277/365

Monday December 26, 2011.
Motherhood - Above me and below me on the family tree, these ladies have taught me how to be a mother. 
278/365

Tuesday December 27, 2011.
Coffee Date - After three days of visiting, my family and I were ready for some down time.  We spent most of the day in our pyjamas, relaxing in the basement.  The boys played with their new games, I read my new book and together we watched a movie.  We munched on left over party food and shut out the world.  When we were ready to face reality again, John, The Little Man and I slipped out for a mid afternoon coffee date.
279/365

Wednesday December 28, 2011.
Finding Love -  You never know when love is going to find you.  When my mother woke up this morning, she never could have guessed that this would be the day that she would be found.  I couldn't be happier for her - or for us.
280/365

Thursday December 29, 2011.
Simple Beauty - For me, this stump, stripped of it's protective bark, aged and weathered from the elements is pure. simple. beauty.
281/365


I'm adding a few collages.  Images of how our family celebrated Christmas that didn't make it into my 365 project but I wanted to share nonetheless.

 Christmas Eve Traditions.

Christmas Morning

Christmas Eve Day with Gramma

Christmas day with the outlaws

Christmas on Boxing Day with my side of the family.  (John's outlaw's)

1 comment:

  1. You have such a huge family, I'm seriously in awe. And your daughter is so beautiful!

    Looking forward to more photos in '12. I've actually started a daily Project 366 myself this year to keep me creative and snapping.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete