Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 12, 2011.
Carry On - Saturday, Hubby and I spent running around, doing errands.  One of the errands we had to do was drop The Kid off at the mall.   Seriously, we are only one day past Remembrance Day and the Christmas shopping is in full force.   Just getting in and out of the parking lot was a challenge.  Good thing I wasn't the one driving.
234/365
November 13, 2011.
Milestones - Charlie had his first friend sleepover last weekend.  It's a milestone that he has been eager to reach.  Every time one of the big kids had a friend sleepover, or went to one, he asked me when it would be his turn.   Charlie and his buddy had an evening of playing games, building Lego and watching movies.  After breakfast, I brought the boys to the park to play for a bit before taking his friend home.  I just love how full of joy they are in this picture.  Oh to be six again.
235/365
November 14, 2011.
Are You Looking at Me? - This is what a 365 picture looks like for a working girl, who hasn't adjusted to the shorter days, and no natural light.  A random, flashy, picture of the stuffie basket.  Say hello to my little friend. 
236/365
November 15, 2011.
The Points - Rows and rows of the poinsettias in the greenhouse at my work.  Just waiting to be brought home so that they can promptly drop their red leaves all over someones table.   Personally, I'm not a big fan of the points, but they do look pretty in the greenhouse. 
237/365

November 16, 2011.
New Life - On Wednesday, it was the ten year anniversary of my Grandma's passing.  The delay in posting to the blog has been because of this picture of Grandma's cactus plant just coming into bloom.  I've been waiting for the {right} words to come to me, but so far any words I come up with feel small.  I miss her physical presence, her kindness and courage. I miss her voice and her unmistakable laughter.  I miss her physically and yet, I feel her by my side spiritually.  I feel her presence whenever I stop to appreciate the beauty of nature with wonder.  She is there by my side when I cook from one of her recipes.  I feel her when her cactus comes into bloom and when I see a flock of geese flying over head.  And I'm sure she is with us when we celebrate new life. 
Welcome Miss Corrine Marie.

238/365
November 17, 2011.
First Snow - There is something magical about the first snow of the season.  Looking out my window and seeing my little corner of the world turned into a snow globe made me feel warm and cozy.    
239/365
November 18, 2011.
I *heart* Snow- That is until I got my licence. The snow may be fun, but driving in it not so much.  I hope that any major storms will hold off until my job is complete.  Driving on snow covered, rural roads isn't my idea of a good time.  Fingers crossed.   
240/365

No comments:

Post a Comment