Friday, December 16, 2011

Thursday December 1, 2011.
Missed the Moment - It was a sweet moment.  But by the time I went to the other room to get the camera, it was gone.  Instead of capturing the boys, both working on massaging one of their Dad's shoulders I got this goofy picture.  Yep, missed it.
253/365
Friday December 2, 2011.
The Walk Home -  We stayed later then we should have playing at the park after school.  It was cold, but the kids didn't seem to notice.  It was Friday and the sun was shining: those two things put all of us - The Mommies and The Kids in a good mood. 
254/365
Saturday December 3, 2011.
A Good Day -  It was Saturday and I had to work.  It could have been a bummer of a day, but it wasn't.  The day began with a beautiful sunrise and ended with a dinner at my mom's house.  I had so much to be thankful for.
255/365
Sunday December 4, 2011.
You Hold the Key - Everyone has or should have some go to ways to unwind during the craziness of the holiday season.  Mine is usually my camera, but lately music is becoming a key to stress relief.  One of my favourites?  The Fairytale of New York.  There's nothing like an angry Irish duo singing and cursing to wash away the tension.
256/365
Monday December 5, 2011.
The View From Here - The best part of the drive home was home.
257/365
Tuesday December 6, 2011.
From Where I Stand -  Last day at the greenhouse, last day of looking down at my work boots.  Last day.  I had mixed emotions.  I always find endings and goodbyes difficult, yet I was looking forward to having more time.  More time.  In December.  Yeah, right.
258/365
Wednesday December 7, 2011.
Every Little Thing -  It's the little things that make my heart melt.  Charlie was being particularly sweet the other night.
"Why are you such a good boy?" I asked him.
"I don't know, besides" he said, "I don't mind trouble that much.  Trouble is just a chance to learn." he told me.
Then he thought about it for a moment.  "But some kids don't learn that well." he said.
"That's okay Charlie, some adults don't learn that well either."
Smart Kid.
259/365
Thursday December 8, 2011.
Up and Down - The tree had been sitting outside for two days before we finally managed to get it in the house.  Up it went, and then down it came.  That is about how Christmas 2011 is going so far.  Two steps forward one step back.
260/365
Friday December 9, 2011.
School Work - I found her preschool artwork in with some of the Christmas decorations.  A dozen years have passed since she got off the bus telling me stories from her day.  Mitchell, the boy who rode on the bus beside her had given her a plastic Santa ring and asked her to marry him.  In her book bag was her Christmas Tree painting, that she was so excited to show off.  So many years have passed and things aren't that different.  She still tells me about all the happenings of her day, and she still works hard to be able to show off her school work.       
261/365
Saturday December 10, 2011.
Twinkle, Twinkle - The tree is decorated.  I keep looking at John's trailer ornament, wishing we were small enough to camp inside. 
262/365

No comments:

Post a Comment