Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 16, 2011.
Date Night - Hubby and I had the best kind of date night.  We weren't overdue, we didn't NEED it.  We just wanted to spend some time focused on each other.  We simply made each other, and our relationship the most important priority for a couple of hours.
207/365

October 17, 2011.
Bounty - Inspired from my Picture Fall prompt, I mused about what was plentiful in my life:
love, pictures, worry, appreciation, praise, food, shelter, opportunities, mistakes, life lessons, grey hairs, health, time, understanding, Lego, role models, nervous habits, pride, music, friendships, peace, laughter, clutter, books, toys, questions, curiosity, inspiration, romance, family, common sense, kindness and of course, potatoes.
All in all, a pretty good life.  I have plenty to be thankful for.  What is bountiful in your life right now? 
208/365

October 18, 2011.
I'm Feeling Like Alice - Finding the extraordinary in the ordinary.
"Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out of the way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the same common way"
-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
209/365

October 19, 2011.
Big Day - I've been dreading this day for months.  I should have been dreading the recovery.   (By the way, that tiny little black in white in the bottom corner?  Counting that as my BAM, weekly self portrait.)
210/365

October 20, 2011.
Comfort -The Little Man is needing comfort.  The kind that stuffies alone wont cure.  Recovery been a rough go, and both kids are in more pain than I anticipated.  Helping them manage their pain has been my full time job.  Kenzie is old enough and stubborn enough to push past the pain and follow the doctors orders to drink often.  Charlie is stubborn too, but not in a good way.  We've had to literally beg, plead, threaten and bribe Charlie to swallow anything, including his medicine.  In his mind, it stings to swallow, so how could swallowing make him feel better. Poor babes.  I wish I could make it better.
211/365

October 21, 2011.
Serving Up Kindness - Being kind isn't difficult.  Accepting charity is difficult for me.  Not because I don't feel worthy of kindness, I do.  Receiving kindness makes me feel uncomfortable, kind of like when someone gives you a compliment.  It's challenging for me to just say thank you, and accept with an open heart.  This week, our family has been flooded with kindness.  With a heart full of gratitude, Thank you.
212/365

No comments:

Post a Comment