Saturday, September 17, 2011


September 9, 2011.
Movie Night -  John and the boys walked up to Blockbuster to check out their going out of business sale.  They came home with a video game, PlayStation wires and Gulliver's Travels.  The four of us snuggled in with our blankets for a Friday night movie night. Okay, just my sons and I had blankets, John isn't much of a blanky kind of guy. The boys giggled their way through the movie.  It was a great way to end the first week back to school. 
170/365

September 10, 2011.
Mushrooms - Delicate and fragile.  These mushrooms made a pretty picture, but that's not what I was thinking about when I snapped this photo.  What I was thinking was, look at the cute little mushroom family. 
171/365

September 11, 2011.
Yellow - I did my first back to school grocery shopping on Sunday.  Wow, those prepackaged lunch snacks add up.  I never know what to pack in the kid's lunches.  Actually the big kids make their own now, but I struggle with what to put in The Little Man's lunch box. I have two things working against me.  One, he's a grazer, never eating much at once.  And two, he is picky.  He wont eat soup, pasta or sandwiches.  What he will eat - and please don't judge me here -mini pizzas, toasted buttered bagel, cereal and muffins.  I always put in either veggies or fruit, a granola bar, a fun snack - like a bear paw, or package of fruit chews, water and a juice box.  We are only the second week into school, and already I'm bored looking at his lunch.  How about you?  Do you pack a rockin' lunch?  Any creative ideas you want to share?
172/365

September 12, 2011.
Walk with my Daughter - I breaking my own rules.  Instead of choosing just one picture,  I am posting a collage from my photo walk with Kenzie.  It was an awesome night for a photo walk.  We hiked the rock wall at Kerncliff park, to the top of the old quarry. The sun set behind us, as the full moon rose in front of us, casting the sky in shades of pink, orange and indigo.  I love our photo walks. They allow for quiet mom/daughter time.  Time where we see the world, in fresh new ways, through each other's viewfinder. 
173/365

September 13, 2011.
From Where I Stand - Actually from where I sit.  No, it's not me getting the new 'do.  I took Josh for a much needed hair cut.  The hairdresser did a great job keeping the length that Josh wanted, and making it look clean enough for me.  I could tell that Josh liked his new hair cut by the way he walked out of the salon. 
174/365


September 14, 2011.
Mail Call - Charlie was so excited to get a letter in the mail from Sam, his new pen pal.  Right away Charlie wanted to write back.  After dinner we walked Charlie up to the mail box.  Charlie's pen pal lives just down the street.  Sam would have had to past by our house to mail his letter.  
175/365

September 15, 2011.
The View From Here - One of the biggest reasons we bought our house was for the back deck.  From here, on clear days you can see Lake Ontario. Just a tiny smidgen of the lake, but still a lake view.  The top picture was taken in the morning, and the bottom picture was taken in the evening.  I thought it was interesting to see how the scene looks different with back light and front light.
176/365
September 16, 2011.
Got Nuts? - Mr.Squirrel does.  These two were "wrestling" in the maple tree this morning. 
177/365



1 comment:

  1. I love your view. No mind that it's just a sliver of the lake, because you have glorious sky — so beautiful, often emotional and always inspirational!

    ReplyDelete