Thursday, September 1, 2011

Beginnings

August 25, 2011.
Fortune - I believe that if you listen to the universe you can hear it answer.  With all of my children becoming full time students, my days as a stay at home mom are coming to an end.  What's next for me?  I don't know for sure.  Not knowing, the uncertainty of who I am, and what I will become has been stressful.  So, when I opened my soda bottle and I found this fortune I felt a little peace.  Cheers to new beginnings and a successful career.
155/365

August 26, 2011.
Petals Floating - Mauve daisy floated in the centerpieces at my baby cousin's baby showder.  The same cousin that was announced at another baby shower many years ago.  It was a full circle night for me. I watched as my cousin laughed when guests wrapped crepe paper around her middle, each trying to guess how big her baby bump was.  It reminded me of the little girl she used to be with her sweet smile, chipmunk cheeks and chubby belly.  My baby cousin has grown into a beautiful woman, one who will be an equally beautiful mother. Inside and out.  Congratulations Belle.
156/365

August 27, 2011.
A Day to Soothe Your Soul - Every once in a while you get a day that washes out the cobwebs.  The sun shines, the breeze blows fresh cool air and your soul is soothed.  This was the kind of day I had with three of my favourite people.  
157/365


August 28, 2011.
Two teeth, Three Days -  The Little Man is growing up.  This week two of his baby teeth fell out.  The Tooth Fairy will have to pick up the overtime if this keep up.  Those first adult teeth will look like chicklets in a mouth full of tic tacs.  His little boy face will begin to transform into a school kid when as jaw grows to make room for his teeth.  He's growing up, changing.  I am so proud of my little guy and at the same time, so sad that time has gone by so fast.
158/365

August 28, 2011.
Items On My Table - Do you see the connection?  No?  All of these items begin with the letter "P."  Plant, paper, Piggy and paper towel. 
159/365

August 30, 2011.
One Last Look - We handed in the keys to Gramma's apartment.  This was the home that Grandpa and Gramma lived in for more than twenty years.  A move they made so they could be closer to family.  Handing in the keys to the apartment wasn't as sad as I thought it would be.  Maybe that's because the end and the beginning has over lapped.  A few months ago, Gramma began a new life, in a new home at a long term care facility.  She has friends, hobbies and intrests.  At 85 she has begun, again.
160/365
August 31, 2011
Morning Routine - For the second day in a row, Josh had to get up early to go to the school.  Not for actual classes, first for a meeting and then registration.  Next week, the house will be a buzz in the morning.  The kitchen will be grand central station as everyone gets their breakfast or coffee - Charlie likes his black.  Bodies will dance around the kitchen counter in the morning as everyone makes their lunch.  Permission forms will be put into back packs, ready to go back to (hopefully) the right teacher.  On first morning, in the midst of the crazy rush, with emotions bubbling at the surface, I will make them stop for a photo op.   This is how we will start our year and begin our days from now until June.
161/365

2 comments:

  1. I love your style here, Trish. I clicked through from The Mom Blogs and am pleasantly surprised. You take beautiful photos!

    I can 100% relate to the kids going full-time and not knowing what is next. My twins are heading to full-time on Tuesday and I'm at a bit of a loss.

    What a great message to receive :)

    ReplyDelete