Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Round Four {week four}

Wednesday September 25. 2013.
Their Story -

Missing and remembering a special lady today.

"There's a story behind everything...but behind all your stories is always your mother's story...because hers is where yours begins."  ~ Mitch Albom, For One More Day

25/365

Wednesday September 25, 2013.
Spiffy -
No one in this house (especially Josh) enjoys a haircut more than Charlie.  Thanks Joan!
25/365

Wednesday September 26, 2013.
New Story -
I did take one picture on Wednesday; it was a screen shot of my Instagram feed from 52 weeks ago.  This time last year I was just starting my job as manager and feeling that I was vigorously treading water and still sinking .  Fifty two weeks ago, I was overwhelmed by the frustration and chaos that my life had become. Now, a year later,  life is much different.  I'm working part-time at a bakery.  I've created a life where there is time for my marriage, time for my children and time for myself.  Every choice has its rewards and consequences; financially things are tighter but my reward is that I have chosen to strengthen and nurture the relationships most important to me.



Friday September 27, 2013.
Who I See -
In the dim light of the car, while we are waiting for John to pick up Charlie from a friends house, he is reading, but him reading isn't what I see, or why I snap the picture.  I see a boy who has fought to grow up. Each and every milestone he has reached has been a struggle, or at the very least hasn't come as easily to him as it has for other kids.   I see his broad shoulders and his strength of character.  I see his independence and his kind nature.  And I see the reason why I snapped the picture: I see that my sweet kind boy is becoming a man.
27/365


Saturday September 28, 2013.
Standing Together -
For him, this past year hasn't been easy.  It has been filled with stress, uncertainty and disappointments.  He is working to change that.  I admire him for his courage.  I will hold his hand and stand together with him, because together we are stronger and more able to face the whatever the world has in store for us.
28/365

Sunday September 29, 2013.
Perfect -
Last week my cousin Nicole put an open question on her Facebook status.  She asked, "If you could wake up tomorrow and not have to go to work or do housework or look after kids - what would be the one thing (or many things) you would do just for you?"  Well, Sunday was that perfect sort of day.  I had a long talk with my mom, connected with my husband, was playful with my kids, worked on some personal projects, ate dinner with my family, had tea (and laughs) with a girlfriend then ended my day with really bad reality TV. Maybe it's not everyone's idea of a perfect day - and for that matter, maybe it's not perfect - but it fit perfectly to what I needed on Sunday.
29/365

Monday September 30, 2013.
Responsibility -
Responsibility is a big deal in our home.  We want our kids to take responsibility for their stuff, their time, their obligations, their decisions (including their mistakes) and their attitude.
In the last few weeks, I've been wondering if this is right.  Maybe its just coincidence, but lately I've run into, or heard stories about adults who have refused to take responsibility for their bad decisions and have had no consequence, and in one case will probably even be rewarded!   It's making me wonder if I will be sending our kids into a world where blaming and being a victim will be the norm.  It makes me wonder if taking responsibility for your actions, emotions and behaviors is becoming a naively outdated notion.
30/365


Tuesday October 1, 2013.
In My Bag -
It's that time of year where I have to change out my purse to a fall one.  I thought that it was a good excuse to do one of those "In My Bag" pictures.  So, in case you were wondering...
1.   Hair clip and spare pony tails elastics.
2.  Wallet (this one is about 8 years old - and I have bought replacements, but none have had the right storage for cards, change and pictures, so I keep this old ratty thing)
3.   Camera  I phone
4.   Medicine bag ( I also hide my emergency girl stuff in here)
5.   Bookmark - made by a customer from my old job.
6.   Pack of gum - empty, have to replace.
7.   Keys - although usually they sit on my counter top.
8.   Gloves (I have Raynauds and my hands get cold easily)
9.   Lip gloss
10. Lens cap cover (I'm always loosing/finding them.)
11. Mint - this one is covered in lint, and I wouldn't pop in my mouth unless I was in desperate need.
12. Batman toy that I meant to give to Charlie last night.
13. New Car Pamphlet - have to file that with the other car stuff.
14. Notes, Quotes, and Kind Cards - stuff I write down, stuff that inspires me, and my way of inspiring others.
15. Pens - so I can write stuff.
16. Puzzles from a fast food restaurant - something else I have to give to Charlie.
17. Appointment Card/Blood Work requisition.

31/365

No comments:

Post a Comment