Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Round Four ~ { week 3 }


Tuesday September 17, 2013.
Sketch -
Charlie's sketch book has seen a lot of action lately.  I love drawing with him.  I love to watch him create his characters; some are funny and friendly while others are fierce and scary.  What all of these creatures have in common is that they are created within the safe bubble of childhood.  They are created from a mind that is still free from self judgement and therefore self containment.  They come to life on the page without the need to be perfectly drawn, and that makes them perfect.  
17/365

Wednesday September 18, 2013.
Caged -
As she ventures farther and farther from the safety of our home, I have two choices:  Have faith in her decisions and abilities or lock her up.  And while the latter may seem the safer choice, it's not - both fill me with fear.  I'm afraid of holding her too tight and I'm afraid of letting her go.
18/365

Thursday September 19, 2013.
Harvest Moon -
" Because I'm still in love with you - on this harvest moon" 
19/365

Friday September 21, 2013.
Gather -
The campfire has always been a place for us to connect - maybe it's a primitive instinct that brings out our desire to gather - maybe it's the darkness that surrounds and the security of the fire that makes us feel safe to be ourselves and tell our stories with honesty and with truth.  Around the fire we laugh, we remissness, and share the best parts of ourselves.
20/365

Saturday September 22, 2013.
Rain or Shine  -
Someone felt the first rain drop, then someone else felt another.  And then, from high up in the sky, we heard the rush of rain.  It rained all night, and then all day.  It's a good thing that we don't go camping just to enjoy the weather, because this weekends weather was terrible.  The rain was relentless and it was cold.  And I still had a great weekend.
21/365
iphone collage

21/365
big girl camera collage

Sunday September 22, 2013.
Bun Head -
Kenzie had other obligations and didn't come camping with us this weekend.  We all missed her.
22/365

Monday September 23, 2013.
Truckin -
On Monday night, John and Charlie sketched trucks together.  ( I told you the sketch book was getting a lot of action!)
23/365

Tuesday September 24, 2013.
Quiet Your Mind -
In this quiet space, with the sun warming my face; I feel contentment wash over me. I feel gratitude for my full and sometimes crazy life.  In this quiet space, I know that my life, with all its ups and downs is still, pretty darn good.
24/365

No comments:

Post a Comment