Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Round Four -{ week two }

Monday September 9, 2013.
In His Footsteps -
I know that in thirty years from now, these are the moments that I'm going to miss the most.  I try to take time to slow down and realize how blessed I am.  
9/365

Tuesday September 10, 2013.
Shopping -
I held out as long as I could, but the time has come to replace my minivan.  My husband and newly licensed daughter are pretty excited about this.  I on the other hand, not so much - the van's been good to me, and I will miss the comfort of driving it.
10/365

Wednesday September 11, 2013
Finding Light in the Dark -

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.  It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift." ~ Mary Oliver 


11/365

Thursday September 12, 2013.
Worthy -
Confession: I've been wearing my kids shoes.  Despite the push from my husband to go buy new shoes, I continue to wear the perfectly usable, but slightly too tight skate shoes Josh outgrew before he outwore. And while this confession seems like I'm wallowing in self pity, I'm not.  I know I am not a victim and I also know I'm not alone.  There is a whole group of us who feel most worthy when they are giving, contributing and sacrificing.  It's not that I believe I'm not worthy.  I know I am. I will buy new shoes - as soon as I wear these ones out.
12/365

Friday September 13, 2013.
Sweet Boy -
Sam never misses a episode of "How I Met Your Mother" or a chance for an evening cuddle.
13/365

Saturday September 14, 2013.
Craving -
Perhaps I've been indulging in too many sweets from the bakery, because on my day off I went through some nasty withdrawal.  A cookie ( or three ) from the sub shop was able to subside my craving.
14/365

Sunday September 15, 2013.
Fall -
I spent Sunday nesting.  The cooler, fresher temperatures meant that nesting was not only about tidying and cleaning but bringing out the fall decorations and welcoming the new season.
15/365

Monday September 16, 2013.
Play -
I love old Fisher Price Toys.  Waiting rooms have the best old toys to play with. I took this picture at the car dealership. One day I'm hoping to get a chance to play with this one, this one or even turn the dial and listen to this again
16/365

No comments:

Post a Comment