Monday, January 7, 2013


Sunday December 16, 2012.
Always loved, Always remembered - 
Through the dome of my umbrella, I watched their family gather to honor them.  The rain seemed to fit.   


Monday December 17, 2012.
Jingle All the Way -


Tuesday December 18, 2012.
Nostalgia -
Christmas has a way of making cheap trinkets into treasures.  This Santa ornament hung on my tree when I was a child and is still one of my favorites.  As I unpacked the boxes of decorations, I realized that many were either crudely hand made or from the dollar store.  These decorations probably never were stylish, and are now worn and faded.  But I can't part with them, because their history is intertwined with my own.



Wednesday December 19, 2012.
Fed Up -
Like my cousin Angela, I hate the word busy.  I've always felt that if you prioritize and organize yourself then you are not busy, but fulfilled.  And then life got busy, and it didn't matter if I prioritized because each item on my to do list is important: working, spending time with my husband, spending time with my kids, helping the kids with their homework, driving someone somewhere, taking time to play, and oh yeah - Christmas shopping, wrapping, baking, tree trimming?  There are only so many hours to get everything done.  So I rush.  I go on auto pilot, and plow through the list.  My life is both busy and barren.  I hate it.  Something has got to change.


Thursday December 20, 2012.
Good Morning - 


Friday December 21, 2012.
Drops of Light - 


Saturday December 22, 2012.
Small - 


December 23, 2012.
Cousins - 
When my husband is in the company of either of his cousins, he is transformed back into his eight year old self.  I love that.  











No comments:

Post a Comment