Friday, July 1, 2011

june 16 - 30

June 16, 2011.
Sleepy Boy: He's back from his big adventure.  Tired, he fell fast asleep.  All of Momma's chicks are back at home. 
85/365


June 17 2011.
Roadside:  A roadside shot on the way to go camping at Emily Provincial Park.  Our first camping trip of the season.  Couldn't have come at a better time.  All five of us were feeling the need to be together as a family. 
86/365


June 18, 2011.
Dad:  For a long time, like most little girls, I put my father up on a pedestal.  To me, he exemplified what a man should be.  Wise, smart, kind, hard working, these are words that I would use to describe Dad. But in the past few years, I have been able to see him as whole.  The whole man - his struggles and his strengths.  I can now see humanity where before I only saw a father.  In seeing his humanity, I love him even more.  Happy Father's Day Dad. 
87/365


June 19, 2011.
Floating Feather at Sunset:  There is something magical about the golden hour of sunset.  When we were camping, we headed to the beach for an evening walk. I handed Kenzie my camera and she got some fabulous shots.  This one I took.  I think it may be my new favorite.
88/365


June 20, 2011.
Hello and Goodbye:  Before we left the area, we stopped by Dad's house to say a quick goodbye.  I knew that my Aunt and Uncle, who live in Georgia would be there as well.  I hadn't seen them in ages, and for the boys, it was their first meeting of Grampie's sister and brother in law.   It was nice to see them again, and I hope next time we run into them it won't be so long. 

89/365


June 21, 2011.
Bacon:  Our traditional camping breakfast is bacon and egg sandwiches on toasted English muffins.  We broke tradition and decided not to bother with a big breakfast.  Instead, we had bacon and egg sandwiches for dinner when we got home. 
90/365


June 23, 2011.
Maple Light:  Gosh, it's been busy around here.  A quick snapshot has been all I can manage the last few days.  I added the lyrics of Coldplay's Fix You to this one.
92/365


June 24, 2011.
Helping Dad: John finally had a chance to fix the boards on the back deck.  We wanted to get it done in time for The Little Man's birthday party on Sunday.  John was working at a record speed until Charlie found him and offered his help.  This picture cracks me up.  I don't know if it's the expression on his face or the snazzy Spiderman socks and plaid shorts, but Charlie reminds me of a crazy clown in this picture.  And I do mean crazy.  As in stark raving mad.
93/365


June 25, 2011.
Generations:  I was lucky enough to be able to have a photo shoot with an awesome family this past weekend.  This outtake of Baby B. being held by his Great Grandpa was the sweetest shot of the day.  Baby B's milk drooling face cradled in Grandpa's loving arms makes my heart melt.

94/365


June 2, 2011.
Party Day:  We hosted a Transformers birthday party at our house.  All the little boys in Charlie's class were invited.  I have to say, that I've done many birthday parties, but this was the WILDEST bunch of kids I have ever hosted.  After the last one left, both John and I opened a bottle.  Only 365 more days until the next one, I hope we recover before next year!
95/365


June 27, 2011.
Two for the Price of One! - when I was pregnant with my second born, I asked a friend what happens if both kids need you at once?  Her answer?  There will be a day when you are breast feeding one and the other will take a header down the stairs.  It's inevitable.  It happens - all you can do is your best to give who ever needs it, your best attention at the moment they need it the most.  Today was one of those days where both boys needed our attention equally.  I hope both felt special.
 
Happy Birthday To Me:  Our Little Man turned six today.  Birthdays are a big deal in our house.  I always decorate the house, and let the birthday boy or girl choose what we are going to have for dinner.  After diner there is always cake and a round of Happy Birthday.  This year because of Josh's grade eight grad, we had to compromise.  Charlie was taken out on a special date with his Papa to glow in the dark mini putt, and to dinner at McDonald's.  Because we couldn't have dinner with him, we sang Happy Birthday after school.  By the look on Charlie's face I think there may have been just a wee bit of resentment, that he had to share his day.   
96.1/365


June 27, 2011.
Hey Handsome:  My heart felt so proud I thought it may burst when I saw Josh dressed up in his suit.  He looked so handsome, and grown up.  Congratulations Josh! 
96.2/365

June 28, 2011
Fuzzy Underside:  Beneath the surface, you will find the side that is most hidden from the world.  The under side is the place you have to work at to get to. It is often the most beautiful and rewarding.  

97/365


June 29, 2011.
Lawn Boy:  I put the Little Man to work, watering the gardens and the new sod.  I thought that he would love this chore.  I think he was five minutes before he gave up on it and the sprinkler was turned on.  Maybe if I hadn't of called it a chore he would have lasted longer...
98/365



June 30, 2011.
Be Brave:  I was having an especially mellow evening, dozing on the couch after dinner basking in the sunlight, when I was struck with an abundance of gratitude.  As a photographer I see the world in images, I see the world in light.   And I was thankful that I was quiet enough, still enough and open enough to receive this gift.
 
99/365


No comments:

Post a Comment