Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 15, 2011.
Shoot For the Moon: When Kenzie and Josh were in grade one, they had an awesome teacher.  Mrs.Groulx always encouraged her class to reach for the moon.  Positive reinforcement wasn't something she tried to do, rather positivity was the essence of who she was and she showered this on her students.  As Charlie heads into grade one, my hope is he will get a teacher half as great as Mrs.Groulx. 
114/365


July 16, 2011.
Josh and Sam:  Our cat Sam isn't picky as to whose lap he sits on.  But because Josh is usually sprawled out on the floor playing video games or building with his Lego, Josh's lap isn't available for Sam.  Josh and Sam cuddling is a rare moment, one I was glad to capture even if it's out of focus.  I love Josh's smiling eyes and the pride behind them. 

115/365
 July 17, 2011.
The 2 Minute Water Fight:  Sometimes I feel so bad for Charlie.  The bottom rung of the ladder, there is an eight year age gap between he and Josh.  Convincing Josh to play in the kiddie pool isn't easy, and getting his fifteen year old sister out there is impossible!  I was able to lure Josh out with some water balloons.  I don't think that Josh even waited for all the balloons to pop before he headed back in the house.  Charlie was heart broken.  Good thing his Dad came home in between calls.  John was able to cool down with a water fight before going back into work.  The Daddy time cheered Charlie up. 
116/365

July 18, 2011.
You scream, I scream:  It has been stinkin' hot here in southern Ontario.  The heat wave wreaked havoc on the grocery stores and John's on call was much busier than normal, so he took Monday off to catch up on his sleep.  In the evening we took the boys out for ice cream.  A sweet treat after a long, hot weekend.
117/365
July 19, 2011. 
Yellow Flower at Night:

118/365
 July 20, 2011.
Reflection of Us:  Today was the kind of day that up makes you want to retreat and reassess what's important to you.  The kind of day that makes you ask yourself what is it that you value most?  Do these values reflect in how you are choosing to live your life?  
119/365

July 21, 2011.
Pizza Night:  It was way too hot to turn on the stove tonight.  So the Big Kid, the Little Man and I walked up to Pizza Pizza.  (Josh was at the beach with a friend and John was working late) 
120/365

July 22, 2011. - M.I.A  - I somehow forgot to upload this one to the blog.  But I took one, I swear! 

July 23, 2011.
Here you go Buddy: We went camping this weekend.  This time we took Papa and his dog Freddie.  Charlie loves this dog so much. Plays with him, gets him water, sings to him, talks to him.  Almost makes me change my mind on the no more pets rule.  Then I remember.  Dogs poo. 
122/365


July 24, 2011.
Date Night:  The last month has been so busy.  John and I have had so little time to spend quietly together that we decided to go a much needed date when we got back from camping.  Friends are great, but my husband isn't only my partner in crime, he's my best friend.  No one understands me like he does.  No one supports me like he does.  I am a lucky woman.
123/365
 July 25, 2011.
Dig In and Get Messy: I finger painted today, something I haven't done in years.  Made me feel like a kid again. 
124/365

No comments:

Post a Comment