Thursday, March 1, 2012

Saturday February 18, 2012.
Snowy Sunrise - I looked out my bedroom window.  The sun was just rising and I saw that it had snowed. I didn't even bother to get dressed into my day time clothes: I slipped my coat and boots over my pajamas and went to capture some of the majestic morning.
333/365

Sunday February 19, 2012.
Choices -  "You are the sum total of the choices you have made."  Some days this notion excites me.  I mean, it doesn't matter what other crap is going on, I get to choose how to live my life. 
Other days the prospect that I have to choose, is completely overwhelming and terrifying. 
334/365

Monday February 20, 2012.
Family Day - My family and I headed to Valens Conservation Area for family day.  It was such a relaxing warm sunny day, I almost felt as though we were camping.  We shared lots of laughs, and just simply connected again.  We brought the barbecue and had a winter picnic.  None of us felt the cold until we sat down to dinner.  By the time dinner was over all of us were freezing.  We packed up quick, and grabbed a self portrait.  I placed the camera on the hood of John's truck and used the remote.  Click.  Click.  Click.  Portrait done, lets go!  After when I looked at the pictures I noticed they all were out of focus, oops should have turned the truck off before I set the camera on it. 
335/365

What a beautiful sunset, I said as we drove home.  John pulled the truck off to the shoulder so I could take a picture.  This has NEVER happened.  It was so sweet of him.  A great way to end our day. 
335b/365
Tuesday February 21, 2012.
Breakfast For Dinner - Pancake Day!  For the first time ever, I made pancakes from scratch.  I had no idea they were so easy to make, and they were so much better than Aunt Jamima's.  Not quite as good as Papa's, but then he fries his in a pound of lard, making them crisp and tasty.  But the boys assured me mine were a close second.
336/365

Thursday February 23, 2012.
Strike! - We all went out bowling to celebrate a special man's birthday. Papa turned the big six-oh!  Ray is the kids papa, he is John's stepfather, he is the only "parent" that John has living.  But Ray is so much more than a father figure: he has become a friend.  Ray is always there for us either to lend a helping hand or to offer support.  Appy birday Papa, our favourite story teller, camping buddy and friend.
338/365
Friday February 24, 2012.
Petal - 
339/365

Saturday February 25, 2012.
Ready -  Another white Saturday morning, only this time I wasn't struck by its beauty, and I was happy to see the snow melt by mid afternoon.  I am so ready for spring; I'm ready to put away the heavy layers. I'm ready for tulips and daffodils.  I'm ready for new beginnings and fresh starts.  I'm ready for the winter to melt away.
340/365

Sunday February 26, 2012.
The View - Perched up in the maple tree this guy stayed just long enough for me to run back in the house, grab my camera and get his picture.  When I looked down at my camera, to adjust my settings, he made a silent escape and I was left wondering if it all really happened.
341/365
Monday February 27, 2012.
Down Time - It was a crazy busy day.  Sadly I was looking forward to my dentist appointment for some much needed down time. 
342/365

No comments:

Post a Comment