Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 6, 2011.
Him - My husband and best friend, all dressed up for a wedding.  I am a lucky lady. 
136/365


August 7, 2011.
Dried - One expected growth, change; without it, the world was less, the well of inspiration dried up, the muses fled.  - Charles de Lint
137/365
August 8, 2011.
Sad Pickle - At the dinner table Charlie took a bite into his pickle and discovered a sad face looking back at him.  "Mom, look at my pickle.  I found a face."  he said, "You should take a picture!"  Of course I should. 
138/365


August 9, 2011.
Worker Bee - Did you know that aerodynamically a bee shouldn't be able to fly.  It's body is too big and heavy for it's wings.  And yet a worker bee flies from flower to flower all day long, his leg growing heavier with pollen at each stop.  Just a random thought, from a random picture.
139/365

August 10, 2011.
Tall Shadow - If feel small on the outside, then step into the light.  You will cast a shadow who is tall and impressive.  Find the light and see yourself in new ways.
140/365

August 11, 2011.
Pocket Knife - We gave The Little Man his first pocket knife.  It was one that John found when cleaning out his Grandpa's room.  The knife is old and dull, but I was still worried Charlie was going to cut himself or worse poke his eye out.  Turns out he did get a tiny cut on his finger.  I found him hiding in the bathroom, his finger wrapped in toilet paper.  He was more upset that I might take his knife away than he was about the cut.  Secretly, I was happy.  The tiny wound taught him so much more than my warnings.  Some lessons can not be taught, some lessons we have to learn on our own.  Pain included.
141/365


August 12, 2011.
Another Beach Day - I can't believe we are halfway through August.  Four times while writing this post I have typed June, instead of August.  Summer is winding down.  Days at the beach will soon be replaced with early mornings and homework.  I want to press the pause button.  I want to hold on to days like this. 
142/365

August 13, 2011.
Birthday Girl - Today was Mom and Paul's annual corn roast/Birthday party.  This year was a special milestone number for mom -65!  My brother, sister and I gave her a train trip around the Credit Valley.  I think she was tickled with her gift, which came complete with a engineers cap and a train whistle.  TOOT TOOT!
143/365

August 14, 2011.
Messages to Heaven - At Uncle Gary's 10 year remembrance gathering, the family released balloons to heaven.  It was bittersweet watching the younger generation set their balloons skyward, sending messages to the man they never had the chance to meet.    
144/365
August 15, 2011.
Counting Rings - You can count how old a tree is from the rings on the trunk.  Today my mom adds another ring.  Happy Birthday.  xoxo
145/365



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful as always. I so enjoy see now photos & reading your insight. Aunt Mary xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete