Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 16, 2011.
For Life -   Did you know that morning doves mate for life, and return to the same spot year after year to nest?  I caught an intimate moment between these two.  Old married couple or young love?  Both. 
146/365

August 17, 2011.
Crime Scene - The mess under Josh's bed looks like a crime scene.  A Lego riot, with some minifigs horrifically dismantled. 

147/365
August 18, 2011.
Symmetry - Last week's Picture Inspiration prompt was about balance and symmetry. Capturing balance in a photograph was tough for me. I don't see the world this way.  My eye tends to be drawn to asymmetrical compositions.  I did eventually get this picture of The Kids running shoes, but I don't know if it screams balance or symmetry.  Maybe I will identify better with next weeks prompt. 
148/365
August 19, 2011.
Tilt - A busy day getting ready for a weekend camping trip left me frazzled and my nerves frayed.  I only shot one picture - this one of the fence.  I was uninspired by it so I played around with the editing.  Tilting the fence added interest.  After, I googled tilt - from wikipedia :
Tilt is a poker term for a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive.
Yup, that was about how my day was going. 


149/365
August 20, 2011.
Learning to Fly - This cute little guy was tossed from the nest, landing right beside our campsite.  Mama bird watched as he hopped around a little and then made his first tentative flight to a low branch.  Way to go buddy.
150/365
August 21, 2011.
Back to Reality - We arrived home from camping to find our front window broken.  Good thing that my trip left me relaxed, refueled and able to breathe through life's little hiccups. 
151/365
August 22, 2011.
Uncertain - The Graduate statue stands outside the high school where two of my kids will be going in the fall.  I went there to meet with staff about my son's resource support.  I have my fingers crossed for a successful September, knowing that, even with all the preparations and plans put in place, it remains uncertain.
152/365
August 23, 2011.
TaDa! -  Nothing feels better than a project completed.  I finished my shower gift with days to spare.  The hard part will be giving it away. 
153/365
August 24, 2011.
A Day Without Colour - A collage of images from my morning photo walk, all captured in black and white. 
154/365

No comments:

Post a Comment